Oh boy, I may be back at school but you better believe I’m still experiencing the summer humidity. Sometimes it’s just too unpleasant to even think about turning on the oven. This cheesecake recipe is the perfect solution! Who doesn’t like a good, light cheesecake that you don’t even have to stick in the oven? I personally enjoy a nice thick crust too, but that’s totally up to you! I got my crust recipe from here, it’s an old reliable.
Anyway, I found this recipe on a super cute, super cool blog called The Hungry Traveler, you should pay them a visit!
- 1.5 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup (62.5 grams / 2.2 ounces) powdered sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup (67 grams / 2.4 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 9-inch graham cracker crust, baked
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, on medium-high speed, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar just until stiff peaks form. Scrape the whipped cream into a clean bowl and refrigerate until step 3.
- Using the same stand mixer bowl (you don’t need to wash it), fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 2 minutes on high speed. With the mixer on low, gradually add the sugar and then mix on medium-high speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and take the whipped cream out of the refrigerator. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated and homogenous. Spoon the filling into the prepared graham cracker crust and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
This cheesecake is super tasty and easy to make! You all should definitely try it out.
I hope you’ve all had a great September so far! It’s crazy to think that 2017 has gone by as fast as it has. I’ll see you next time!