I used to always beg my mother to buy me madeleines whenever she went out to get coffee. Who doesn’t love a nice little cake that you can just pop into your mouth? Anyway, I recently got a new madeleine tin and knew that I had to try it out for myself! These were incredibly easy, and a big success. I got the recipe from epicurious, be sure to check it out!
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously butter and flour pan for large madeleines (about 3 x 1 1/4 inches).* Using electric mixer, beat eggs and 2/3 cup sugar in large bowl just to blend. Beat in vanilla, lemon peel and salt. Add flour; beat just until blended. Gradually add cooled melted butter in steady stream, beating just until blended.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each indentation in pan. Bake until puffed and brown, about 16 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Gently remove from pan. Repeat process, buttering and flouring pan before each batch. (Can be made 1 day ahead.)
- Dust cookies with powdered sugar.
Let me know if you give these a try, I 100% recommend them!