Who doesn’t love the ever versatile chocolate chip? They can be found in cookies, muffins, or are tasty just plain! So today I decided to make a chocolate chip cake. Yum!
Here’s the recipe, I got it from Genius Kitchen:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (for cinnamon sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1(6 ounce) package chocolate chips (mini or regular)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (not oil) a 13 x 9 pan.
- In large bowl, combine first 9 ingredients.
- Mix well by hand or use a mixer at medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter (about 2 1/2 cups) into the prepared pan.
- In separate small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture and chocolate chips (1/2 cup) over batter.
- Repeat with remaining batter, sugar mixture, and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This cake was a great success! I’d be interested to try it next time in a bundt pan, I think that would work well. Thanks for reading!