Confession: I only learned that my family has a food processor a few days ago.
I know! Imagine all the pie crusts I’ve toiled over when I could’ve just quickly whipped them up in the food processor. Anyway, today I used it to make a brand new recipe for me.
I can’t think of a more iconic duo than peanut butter and banana. Add chocolate to that, and wow! The three flavors complement each other so nicely. Today, I wanted to try something quick and easy, but also delicious. This is definitely your recipe if that’s what you’re searching for. And it’s vegan!
Who knew ice cream could be vegan? I certainly didn’t, but I discovered a whole new world today. Instead of cream, milk, and sugar, I can use frozen bananas. Incredible. Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 2 sliced and frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Pinch sea salt
- Drizzle of agave (or maple syrup), optional
1. Place frozen banana slices in a food processor and run the machine until it resembles a crumb like consistency.
2. Add peanut butter, cacao nibs, sea salt and agave, and whiz a little longer until you get a soft-serve ice cream consistency.
And that’s it! How simple, yet how tasty! I hope you enjoy!